In the beginning…God.
Temple of Greater Works, founded by Jesus Christ, began with Richard responding to the call of God with a humble “Yes Lord”.
In July 2000, the first church service convened in Richard and Jennifer ’s home on Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana.
Richard and Jennifer sincerely prayed and then eagerly drove around the city with their baby girl, Caretia, looking for a building. God gave Richard a vision to purchase the building and he stayed focused on doing just that.
In April 2001, Temple of Greater Works stepped out on faith, relocated to 1745 Looney Street, Shreveport, Louisiana, and signed a lease/purchase agreement with less than five members.
In 2009, Temple of Greater Works relocated to our current location, 5555 Grantham Street, Shreveport, Louisiana, with less than fifty members.
In December 2014, with the help of God Almighty, dedicated members, prayer, sacrifice, and loyal international partners, Temple of Greater Works paid off the mortgage!
We are currently debt-free as God intended.
Who we are today centers around who we were from the very beginning of this ministry: determined to give God all of the glory.
This ministry is established as “The Temple Where the Glory of God Never Departs”.